About 3 years ago I was a very sickly person who couldn’t even get out of bed or continue working. I had no idea that I had any control over this and just assumed this was my fate. When I started reading about health I realised I did have control over my own body and set out on a path to get my life back. Within 6 months I had healed myself of my debilitating health conditions and had my life back.
Now 3 years later I’m just as passionate about health and the effects that our actions have on our bodies. I don’t have perfect health by any stretch of the imagination but it is improving all the time which I find extremely encouraging.
I have started this blog to document all my experiments with health, what works for me and what doesn’t work. I want to keep pushing myself, to keep learning, growing and trying new things. So I want to be held accountable that I’m actually going to try new things and share the results with you.
I thought I’d give you a list of just some of the things I want to experiment with in the future or am currently experimenting with so you can follow my progress.
So here is a list which I’m going to continue to add items to in the future, of health experiments that I’m going to try in the future or have been currently trying. Let me know what you’re most interested in or if you’ve got any experiences with these topics that will help me. I’d really appreciate any tips, suggestions, good books, blog posts to read or recipes to try to help me with my journey. I hope as this blog grows it can be a resource that we can all use to learn from each other and our journeys. Anyway here is some things that spring to mind at the moment but there will be plenty more in the future:
- What is the healthiest diet and is there such a thing as one diet for all of us?
- Benefits of Coconut Oil
- How to eat organic food on a budget
- How to tolerate eating bread again
- How to eat grains in a healthy way
- Benefits of juicing: Is there any benefits over smoothies?
- Supplementation: Do we really need to supplement?
- Growing fruit and veg when you’ve got no time, no experience and it’s freezing cold!
- How to start Sprouting
- Is fermentation really good for you?
- Learning how to make absolutely everything from scratch
- What really happens to our whole food before it gets to us?
- What is the healthiest type of water and how much will it cost?
- Is there such a thing as a healthy sweetener?
- How to eat healthily while you are travelling
- Benefits of charcoal. Will it really whiten my teeth and get rid of stomach bugs?
- Going ‘No Poo’
- Making all beauty products myself
- Removing all metal from my mouth, how to go about this and should I bother?
- How can I get rid of grey hair naturally
- How to improve the condition of my toenails
- How to improve my eyesight naturally
- Natural cleaning product recipes
- Air Filtrations. Do they really work?
- How do I avoid harmful materials in my home and should I even try?
- Do SAD boxes really help you in the winter?
Improve your health
- Can herbs really heal me? How do I start with herbs?
- Can I really be healthy with no sunshine?
- Is it really possible for me to avoid cancer by improving my health?
- Should I avoid vaccinations?
- How do I avoid having health problems when I get older?
- What books will really help me improve my health?
Improve your happiness
- Is there such a thing as a work life balance?
- How to learn contentment
- How important are relationships?
- How to de-stress in a modern world
- How to find like minded people who are also concerned about health
- What do you do if your family aren’t concerned about health and are suffering?
- How to avoid getting obsessed about health
- How to lose weight after having a baby
- How to avoid putting on too much weight during pregnancy
- What is the best way to lose weight and keep it off
- How to put weight on
- What do kids need for a healthy balanced diet
- Do children need supplements?
- How to get your fussy child to eat more healthily
- Should I stop my child eating junk at social events?
- Do children need to detox?
How to get fit
- How to get fit after having a baby
- How to get rid of cellulite
- How to get muscle definition
- What is the best type of exercise to fit into limited time
- How to get fit without even noticing
- How to start fasting for the first time and make it a regular habit
- Does getting pure and healthy make you even more sensitive?
- How often do we need to go on a detox diet?
- What are all the different ways to detox and which are the most important?
Do you ever ask yourself any of these questions or do you have anything that’s worked for you that you’d like to share? Are you currently conducting any health experiments of your own? I’d love any links to articles or books that you’ve found helpful. There is so much for me to learn and try it’s almost overwhelming (and I’ve not even scratched the surface of everything I want to try!) but I think that’s why it’s even more important to learn how to not get obsessed with health and how to learn contentment. I’m the kind of person who is impatient, impulsive and wants to change everything and see the results immediately but it took me years of abuse to get my body into a terrible state, so getting the best health I can isn’t going to be something that will happen overnight. I will have to try and learn patience while I work my way through this list.
Some of these items can’t be started right now anyway as I’m currently pregnant so there is a lot of things I can’t experiment with, but plenty that I can get started with or have already started, so hopefully you’ll get just as excited as I am about this journey we are on to get healthy and enjoy our lives!